Thursday, July 16, 2009

On yet another note...

I shall bring content to this blog!

Quick news, http://www.dbhorak.com is now mine, as well as a nice hosting plan. I'll have my website up as soon as I can figure out how to upload from Dreamweaver. I'm a COMPLETE noob at web design, but I'll figure it out.

Lately I've been doing a lot of sketching, both traditionally and digitally. Finished a few digital pieces but need to do more with my oil paint. Here's a piece from last week, which in my opinion is my best environmental pic I've ever made.
I've got down a pretty solid technique on how to execute this style of environment (relying mostly on simple atmospheric perspective) but it works well for me. That and I've been having a lot of fun using texture overlays (but still wanna maintain that painterly feel in areas).

Next post I'm gonna talk about gesture! Hooray.

No comments: