Monday, December 14, 2009

Fake plastic robot.



I'm nearly finished with this silly piece. Going to submit this to the Spectrum books even though I don't think I'll get accepted. But you never know...

On another note, I had a good weekend. It's been a while since I've had any sort of fun.

And on one final note, I suddenly have this urge to hitchhike across the country with my friend once he gets back from the Navy this spring. Good idea? Probably not. But life's too short to make sandwiches every day... so who knows what'll happen.

1 comment:

Alyssa Joy Lewis said...

Doug! This is looking pretty sweet. I think you should still give some shape to the legs in the back. I know they are more distant, but right now they are so faded they that they look farther than they should be. The lower part of the front one right now is very flat.

Overall, the value of the front legs relate nicely, I think. They make sense together. The back legs, not so much. The one in the foreground is SO much darker than the one in the background. I would just hit the back one with maybe another shadow or something. Or just darken it up a little overall.

Those are little things to address. This piece is really rockin' otherwise. It really looks great!