Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Disorder

Disclaimer: I hate the ears. I will remodel them after my class ends. Also, the hair is temporary, and I need to fix the displacement over the eyebrow. All that aside, I've developed a love for texture painting. It's a nice middle-ground between my 2D roots and this whole 3D thing. After struggling with it for the first few weeks of this quarter, I'm finally hitting my stride, though there's still so much more to learn. The technique I've found best is to use a 3D paint program (Bodypaint 3D or Zbrush) to paint in the main textures (and paint over UV seams) and then do the rest in Photoshop (which is of course the most natural for me).

More work will be updated soon.

1 comment:

chrisisdevine said...

This is simply put, fantastically wonderful work!

-BOON